Minimum Requirements to Run SQL Server 2012 Express and SQL Server Management Studio
To begin, please make sure the computer you will be using meets these minimum requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista (SP2 or later).
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher. A free download is available from Microsoft — please click here.
- For 32-bit systems, 1 GHz Intel or compatible processor (2 GHz or higher recommended).
- For 64-bit systems, 1.4 GHz Intel or compatible processor (2 GHz or higher recommended).
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB or more is recommended) and at least 2.2 GB of hard disk space for SQL Server Express and related components, plus at least 1 GB for ReliaSoft desktop applications.
- SVGA display (1,024×768 pixels)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 AND Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. (.NET 3.5 is no longer included in the SQL Server installation; if it is not already on your computer, a free download is available from Microsoft– please click here. .NET 4.0 is included in the SQL Server 2012 installation files or a free download is also available separately from Microsoft — please click here.)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher (Excel and Word) for automated report generation.
These requirements satisfy the minimum specifications for SQL Server 2012 Express, SQL Server Management Studio Express and ReliaSoft desktop applications. For more details on Microsoft’s recommended minimum specifications for SQL Server 2012 Express, click here. For more details on our recommended minimum specifications for ReliaSoft applications, click here.
You can use environment variables to configure SQL Server on Linux Containers.
ACCEPT_EULA confirms your acceptance of the End-User Licensing Agreement.
SA_PASSWORD is the database system administrator (userid = ‘sa’) password used to connect to SQL Server once the container is running. Important note: This password needs to include at least 8 characters of at least three of these four categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and non-alphanumeric symbols.
MSSQL_PID is the Product ID (PID) or Edition that the container will run with. Acceptable values:
- Developer : This will run the container using the Developer Edition (this is the default if no MSSQL_PID environment variable is supplied)
- Express : This will run the container using the Express Edition
- Standard : This will run the container using the Standard Edition
- Enterprise : This will run the container using the Enterprise Edition
- EnterpriseCore : This will run the container using the Enterprise Edition Core : This will run the container with the edition that is associated with the PID
For a complete list of environment variables that can be used, refer to the documentation here.
Download PDF: This Post as PDF and More (Configure SQL Server settings with environment variables – SQL Server _ Microsoft Docs)
Cannot connect to : A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 – No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=233&LinkId=20476 —————————— BUTTONS: OK ——————————
1- Open SQL SERVER configuration MANAGER
2- SQL SERVER services
3- SQL SERVER (MSSQLSERVER )
4- CHANGE (Log ON AS)
5- SELECT LOCALSYSTEM